See my brother's mission blog here!

Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Beginning

In order to properly tell the story of my mission, I must start from the beginning. On March 12, 2014, exactly one month ago, I sat in my living room, surrounded by my family and two best friends. I had a huge white envelope in my hands. I ripped open the envelope and read.

Dear Sister McGuire,
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Mission.

The room erupted in cheers. It was probably the craziest moment of my life. I am so very grateful for my call to serve the Lord and His children in Pennsylvania. I know that this is going to be the hardest and most rewarding 18 months of my life. I am so grateful for my family who has supported me without fail. I am also grateful for my Mother who has shown me how to love and to care for people with no expectation of reward or thanks. I am thankful for my Father for teaching me the gospel and teaching me to stay true to my standards, no matter what. I love them.

So, here goes nothin!


"I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord"

1 comment:

  1. Pennsylvania are going to be greatly blessed by your service! You have always exemplified your parents example. With that, along with your determination to follow the spirit, you will be able to accomplish many things in the work of the Lord. Love you Kristin, Janell Lieber

    ReplyDelete