See my brother's mission blog here!

Saturday, July 5, 2014

First Week at the MTC

We just heard from Sister McGuire after her 1st week in the MTC!!!!

Hey Everyone!
My first week here at the MTC has been awesome! I have learned so much and I am having so much fun! My companion is Sister Wilko. She is from Kaysville. We get along so well! Our district and zone are awesome too! One of the struggles that we have been having is that most of the Elders just graduated high school three weeks ago, so they are having a really hard time adjusting. But, all of us sister have one or two years of college under our belts, so we've been able to help them and tell them it's all okay! 
I never knew that there would be so much to learn, but I'm learning! One of the cool things that we get to do is practice teaching lessons to our teachers and members of the church. One man we taught is named Jeremy (played by Brother Mills, our teacher). But he had a Word of Wisdom problem that he's been struggling with. During the lesson I was inspired to promise him that if he had faith in Jesus Christ and threw away all of his alcohol and cigarettes, then he would never use those things again. I was shocked as the words came out of my mouth, but I realized that it was the Holy Ghost speaking through me. That lesson made me so excited and I cant wait to get out to the field and actually teach people. 
So, I have my flight plans! We will be leaving Provo this Tuesday and flying in to Philly. I will be able to call from the airport, but it will be at 5:30 in the morning! Our flight leaves at 7. It's crazy because we are leaving Provo on a shuttle at 3:30 am. It will definitely be a long day! But I can't wait!!!! And I will be talking to you! Because the p-days are all weird, I won't be able to email again until next Monday (the one in 11days), but know that I really do love you and I will write back as soon as I can!
Thanks so much for sending me the package!!!! I totally LOVED IT!!!!! My district is loving the queso, and it is definitely our 4th of July celebration today, because we have class all day tomorrow. One tradition they have here at the MTC on the 4th is that all the missionaries are allowed to go sit on the field and watch the fireworks from the stadium of fire! I can't wait! And I'm hoping to hear some Carrie Underwood while we're out there! 
Our district is awesome! We have 3 elders from Utah and 1 from Louisiana. He is hilarious! He talks southern and he calls home 'the crib' and he says koo instead of cool. We have so much fun though.
Well, I love you all so much! have a fabulous week!
Love Sister McGuire!
P.S. the computers here block all of my pictures, so I can't send them this week, but I will for sure email next week. Also, keep sending me love notes on Dear Elder. Sister Wilko is totally beating me on the letter front! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment