See my brother's mission blog here!

Monday, November 17, 2014

Farewell Whitehall!!

Dear Family,

I am sorry, but this will be short today! I only have about 10 minutes
to email right now.
As you probably guessed from the subject line, I am being transferred.
We got calls on Friday and they said for me to pack my bags and be in
Broomall first thing Tuesday morning. I was shocked! I didn't think
that I would be leaving so soon. I am so sad to leave Whitehall! This
place has become my home and this Ward has become my family! I love it
here so much! I can't even imagine mission life outside of the Lehigh
Valley anymore! Hahaha. But, like C.S. Lewis once said, "There are
far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind." I am excited
to move on to a new chapter of my journey here in the PPM. So, I am
packed and ready to go. I find out where I am going tomorrow, so I
will email you next week to let you know where I ended up! I could be
anywhere from New York to Maryland, so this is awesome, exciting, and
slightly nerve-racking, but in the best way!
Thursday we had Zone Training, and it was so good. We talked about the
covenants that we have made in our lives and the covenants that we are
helping others make. The Zone Leaders make us each a personalized
bookmark with our names and a picture of the temple that we received
our endowment in. It was such a good reminder of what it means to
truly consecrate our lives to the Lord.
This week we had the wards first game night! It went so well! We had
lots of people from the ward come along with one of the Elders
investigators! Then, on Saturday their investigator, Ed, was baptized!
It was such a nice evening, and it all went well. Ed is awesome! He
has such a strong testimony and he will be a huge boost to our Ward.
Plus, we found out yesterday that he plays the piano!!!!! Yay!!! Now
there are three pianists in the Ward! We are so excited for him.
The rest of the week has been a blur of goodbyes and farewells. I will
miss this place so much! I am sure I will return someday soon to see
everyone again. But, for now, farewell Whitehall. God be with you till
we meet again!

Love,
Sister McGuire

   

No comments:

Post a Comment