I guess I better keep with the trend for today and give you all my top
10 for the week! (Even though Bradley didn't really do it) ;) haha.
Here it goes!
10. Melody lost all custody of her kids this week and their landlord
is threatening to evict them because they are behind on their
payments. Needless to say, she has been so stressed out about these
things that she chose not to be baptized this week. Satan is working
hard on her right now. We are praying hard and hoping that things will
turn around next week.
9. (Almost as bad as number 10) Rita's closed for good this week....
:( I am so sad! I'm gonna miss it! It is only open from the beginning
of Spring to the fall sometime. But, the last day was half off, so we
got 2 quarts to take home with us! Yay!
8. Sister Kinghorn woke up feeling really sick on Saturday. So, we
ended up staying in all day. It was hard, but both of us were able to
get some much needed rest. We were also able to update our records,
which has been needing to get done.
7. Sister Cressman (a less active that we have been working with)
finished reading the Book of Mormon this week!!!!!! Miracles come when
we read the scriptures!
6. We carved pumpkins last Pday. It was so fun! Mine is the coolest!
5. Sister Kinghorn and I got to play the piano in Primary this week! I
4. On Friday our roof was being re shingled. Right when we were
getting ready to leave for the day, Sister Britto called down to the
basement for us to "come upstairs and please bring a pamphlet about
the restoration!" We got up there as fast as we could. Sister Britto
had been telling the project manager about the gospel, and she wanted
us to teach him the restoration right there! So, we gave him the three
minute version and left our contact info. Hopefully we will hear back
from him soon!
3. We drove to Allentown for an appointment that ended up getting
cancelled. So we were walking back to our car and found this pile of
leaves. So, of course we jumped in it! So fun!
2. Sister Housel introduced us to her friend named Jackie! So, we
talked for a bit and she is very interested in learning about the
gospel! We gave her a Book of Mormon and set up a return appointment.
Jackie said that her son and his family might also be interested in
1. On Sunday, Jose was ordained to the Aaronic priesthood. It was so
special. He is well on his way to becoming the man that Heavenly
Father wants him to be. It was such a neat experience and there was a
sweet spirit in the room. It was truly incredible.
Well, I love you all so much! Have another great week!
Love, Sister McGuire
We just had to.... :)