See my brother's mission blog here!

Monday, April 27, 2015

Tearful Goodbyes and a Baptism!

Dear Family,

As you probably guessed from the subject line, I am getting transferred. I will be leaving on Wednesday. :( I am so sad to be saying goodbye to Medford! I can hardly believe that I have already been here for over 4 months and that I am now leaving. The people here have truly become my Family. But, I know that this isn't goodbye forever. I will be back someday!
Other than that, it has been an amazing week full of miracles! It started off with Tuesday morning. We had an appointment fall through on Tuesday morning. We also had a media referral to contact in that area. So we decided to park our car and walk to the referral and back and try to talk to as many people as we could on the way. While we were walking we saw a woman painting her porch. So, of course we go over and say hi. She looked at us and said, "are you sisters new?" We were stunned..... "Uh, yeah we are. Did you meet with the sisters before?" We asked. She just laughed and said, "No, I'm a member!" It turned out to be a less active woman that we have been trying to get in contact with for months! We talked to her right there on the porch and shared our testimonies and words of encouragement with her. She expressed her desire to go back to the temple. We even set up a time for us to go and help her do yard work at their house.
It was a miracle! We will be working with her a lot now, and hopefully we will be getting her to the temple really soon!
The best part of the whole week was Sue's baptism. She had her interview on Thursday and it went so well! And yesterday she was baptized! I am so blessed to be a part of this great work! I get to see people covenant with their Father in Heaven. I get to see them change their life. I am so lucky and so blessed to be a part of it.
Missionary work is the best!
I love you all! Have an amazing week!

Love,
Sister McGuire

Pictures!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment