See my brother's mission blog here!

Monday, July 20, 2015

An Incredible Week!!

Dear Family,

I had an incredible week! We saw so many miracles and blessings this week! I don't know where to begin!
Story 1: The Tickets. So, we were weekly planning at our apartment, but we had left something in the car. We ran out to go get it really quick. Well, in the parking lot, we met a super nice guy who wanted to chat for a bit. While we were talking he told us about his wife who passed away a few years ago and how it had been hard on him. We were able to testify to him about eternal families! It was so neat! After that, he said that he had two tickets for a baseball game in Aberdeen that night, and he wanted us to take them, because he wasn't going to be able to make it. We tried to turn him down because we had plans (Oh yeah, and it's SO AGAINST EVERY MISSION RULE IN THE WHITE HANDBOOK!) But, he insisted! So, we got the man's information and left.
On our way up the stairs to our apartment, we remembered a cute young couple that lived below us! They would love the tickets! So, we stopped and talked to the wife for about 30 MINUTES! She asked what church we were from, and we told her "the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" She jumped and said, "NO WAY!!!!!! I used to go to the one in Missouri with my best friend!" Wow! She asked where our church was, and she totally wants to come next week! It was awesome! We were super excited! Hahaha! It turned out that two baseball tickets=two New Investigators!!!!! Super awesome!

Story 2: Rocking the Plan of Salvation! So, we had dinner with Brandi and Rocky this week! We were able to teach Rocky the Plan of Salvation and it was AMAZING!!!! Hands down, the best lesson I have ever had! He had a ton of questions and we were pullng out scriptures and explaining things like crazy! It was awesome! At the end, he told us that he had a huge question that he had asked every preacher/priest/bishop/pastor he had ever met, and none of them could answer it, and he wanted to ask us! (No pressure!) He had a super confusing scenario that I didn't really understand about how the Lord will judge people, but Sister Schettler was so in tune with the Spirit! She testified that no matter what our actions were, the Lord will judge us by what was in our heart. He was stunned and over-whelmed by the Spirit. It was awesome! He paused for a minute and said, "It's true. That's the answer I have searched for my whole life." AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Story 3: New Horizons! So, I live in Maryland right? What is Maryland most famous for? Crab! Remember how much I HATE seafood??? Yeah, it's not a good combo. Luckily, I have been able to avoid my fishy foe thus far.... Until this week. We have an awesome couple in the ward that wanted to treat us to dinner. Not just any dinner, but they wanted to take us to the fanciest place in North East! Which is....... A Crab House! Oh dear..... I was so worried! But, I decided that I would pray extra and hope there was Chicken Alfredo on the menu! So, we go in and Brother Shepherd orders FOR us. He gets the Net Buster, which is the biggest array of every type of sea food they serve at the restaurant!!!!!!! Now, I'm practically sweating! They bring out the smelly net, full of food! I realize, that there's no getting out of it, because Sister Shepherd wants us to try some of everything! I crack open the Snow Crab Leg and resign myself to my fishy fate...... I prepare myself mentally to choke it down........ and in goes the meat and.......  Actually, the consistency is pretty good.... It tastes alright..... actually, it's not even chewy and slimy....... actually, this is incredible!!! Before I know it, I am chowing down on the crab and the crab cakes and the Lobster and Mahi Mahi like there's no tomorrow! That stuff was amazing! Except for the clams. Those are definitely still gross. But the rest of it was awesome! I never thought I'd say it, but I actually LOVE Sea Food! It just has to be done right. And don't dip it in cocktail sauce.

Story 4: The Miracle of the Week! The Crowning miracle of the week was Kimberly's baptism! It was a beautiful service! She was beaming! I can't believe the changes we have seen in her over the last 6 weeks. It's hard to believe that just 6 weeks ago she didnt want anything to do with us. It was an incredible experience. She asked me to play Amazing Grace and two little girls sang it. It turned out so beautiful and the Spirit was amazing. I felt the joy it talks about in Doctrine and Covenants 18:13. How great is His joy in the soul that repenteth! What an amazing thing it is to know that she came to know  her Heavenly Father and now she is on the covenant path towards meeting Him. Missionary work is the best!

Story 5: The Cherry on Top. To finish of this awesome list of tales, we got transfer calls this week! I Am STAYING!!!! So is Sister Schettler!!!!! We get to spend 6 more weeks here in Bayview together! We are so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I LOVE YOU ALLL!!!!!! Have a fantastic week! And Don't EVER forget to appreciate the little miracles everyday!!!!!!

Love,
Sister McGuire



The Giplin's Covered Bridge in North East!!


The Plumpton Park Zoo! I think we fit in a little too well with the Monkeys! ;D 

A little Jungle fun!

Kim's Baptism!!

No comments:

Post a Comment