See my brother's mission blog here!

Monday, September 8, 2014

Miracles!!!

Dear family and friends,

It's so sad that Summer is at it's end! But I'm so glad that you got
one last hurrah at Seven Peaks! I love reading your emails every week.
They make me laugh!
I am truly blown away by the outpouring of miracles that Sister Clark
and I have witnessed this week! The Lord is hastening his work here in
Whitehall, and those who thrust in their sickle, will truly see the
fruit of their labor. I will try to write them all down!
On Tuesday we saw Jose and Melody. We have seen Them every day this
week! They are so ready to be baptized and we have been going crazy
trying to plan a wedding in a week! Hopefully it will be a great night
for them, regardless of what the decorations look like!
Then, that night the Elders that also serve in our ward called us on
Tuesday and told us that they had an investigator for us to teach. Her
name is Cynthia and she lives in their area, but she requested to be
taught by us.
On Wednesday, we started off by going straight to Cynthia's. We
chatted for a little bit and then she looked straight at us and said,
"I want to be baptized on the 21st, what do I have to do to be ready?"
We nearly fell of the couch! We told her that we would have to meet
with her 3-4 times a week, and she would have to work really hard. She
wants it so badly. It was a miracle! So, we taught her the entire Plan
of Salvation and we discussed the baptismal interview questions with
her. I think she will make it! It will be the fastest Sister Clark or
I have ever taught anyone on our mission! We might end up pushing the
date back a week or two though, because she does need to marry her
boyfriend that she is currently living with. So we'll see how that
goes! Then we spent the rest of the day running from lesson to lesson.
It is incredible! We are so busy and people are changing their lives
in the most amazing ways!
Thursday was Zone Training and it was so good! We talked about how
much goals mean to us as missionaries. Honestly, good goals make all
the difference in our work.
Friday we saw Cynthia again and we taught her the Gospel of Jesus
Christ. At the end of the lesson we asked her if she had any questions
for us. She said, "Can you stay longer and teach me more?" We all
laughed, but we had to go. She is awesome!!!! We also saw Ricardo for
the first time in ages!!!! He told us that he still wants to b
baptized, but he knows that he is struggling with the word of wisdom.
We recommitted him to the 28th for his baptism, and I know that if he
works hard and if he truly wants it, then he will make it. I just hope
he wants it as much as he says he does!
Saturday we had lunch with Chris and Anna Leutbecker. They are the
best! They are taking a trip down to Ocean City for the next two
weeks, so we'll miss them! But, I'm mostly jealous! Hahahaha. It kills
me that there is miles of gorgeous beaches less than 2 hours from
where I live! I can only imagine how Sharlee felt the last 18 months!
We visited a few other Less active members of our ward and had dinner
with an awesome couple in our ward. Then, I truly saw rain for the
first time in my life! It was like the heavens opened up and dumped
the ocean on our heads! We ran from our car to the house and by the
time we got inside, it looked like we had just taken a shower with our
clothes on! So nuts! Utah might have mountains, but Pennsylvania has
RAIN! Hahaha!
Sunday was the best! Jose and Melody came to church! And so did
Cynthia AND HER BOYFRIEND!!!!!!!!! We could her the tab choir singing
the Halelujah Chorus, just like on the Best Two Years!!!! Then we
ended up teaching 5 lessons that day!!!! And we had dinner with the
Bishop and his family. It was so great! An awesome end to an awesome
week!
Well, I LOVE YOU!!!!! Hope you have an amazing week!

Love,
Sister McGuire

No comments:

Post a Comment