See my brother's mission blog here!

Monday, December 1, 2014

December Already????

Dear Family,

Time sure does fly out here in the mission! I can hardly believe that
it is December already! And this week was so packed full of stuff that
I feel like Thanksgiving was a month ago!
I can't remember the order of all of these stories, so I'm just going
to write a bunch of random stories today in no specific order. Here's
the adventures for the week!
Thanksgiving was awesome! We had a ward Turkey Bowl on the practice
fields of a local high school. I was so sore by the end of it, that I
couldn't move for about three days! And neither could my companions!
But, we had a great turnout, and a bunch of nonmembers and less
actives came.
We went to the Mull family's house for Turkey dinner. They deep fry
their turkeys every year, and it was so good! They also had invited
the Joy family, so we had a big party! When we were all talking about
what we were grateful for, the Joy's 4 year old daughter, Emma, said,
"I'm grateful for clothes so we don't have to be naked all the time!
That would be so embarrassing!" Hahahaha! We nearly died of laughter!
That evening we visited a woman in our Ward, who lost her husband 2
months ago. We sang Christmas carols and helped her decorate her house
for Christmas. She is so sweet and we love her so much. She was having
a really hard day, because all of her children live out west and she
had spent the day alone. I felt so blessed and so lucky to have been
there for her when she needed us.
This week we had to drop 2 of our investigators. It is just so sad to
me that people have the gospel right in front of them, and they know
it's true, but the simply don't want to act on it. It's true that
faith without works is dead.
On the other hand, we had a miracle this week! We finally were able to
schedule an appointment with a man, named Parker, we have been
teaching. But, the member who was going to come with us canceled at
the last minute. We didn't know what to do, because we aren't allowed
to be alone with a man. So, we called up a random member that none of
us even knew and invited her to come with us. She did and she brought
her daughter too! Her testimony ended up helping Parker in so many
ways! And, he came to church yesterday!!!! It was great! And Sister
Jennens was so excited about what her testimony had done, that she
invited us to come have dinner with her family next week, so we can
meet her nonmember husband! The Lord is guiding this work!
Well, I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love, Sister McGuire

P.S. We have heard about a lot of missionaries online accounts being
hacked and so in order to keep people's privacy safe, I have changed
all of the names in this email. I will change all of the names from
here on out too. But I LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment