See my brother's mission blog here!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Happy St Patty's Day!

Dear Family,

Is it Monday already? Time seems to sneak away! And each week it gets faster! Being an Irish girl, I wish you all a Happy St Patrick's Day tomorrow! Luck of the Irish to ya!
I am a lucky girl indeed! We had transfer calls this week and I am STAYING in Medford with Sister Roesch!!!!!! Hooray! I am so grateful for these amazing people and I am so happy that I will be here another 6 weeks and hopefully even more after that!
We had an amazing miracle this week! We were about 15 minutes early to an appointment, and we decided to take advantage of that time and see someone, rather than just go in early. We thought about a less-active family, the that lived right around the corner and we decided to go see them. To our surprise the family was actually home, and they let us in. Because of our appointment we really only had time to see how they were doing and then invite them to come to church. We really didn't think much of it. On Sunday morning, however, we were astonished to see Sister D walk in through the front doors! She came right up to us and gave us a huge hug! Then, with tears in her eyes she told us that we had come at just the right time and our little visit helped her more than we could ever know! We were shocked! It blew us away! We really didn't think that such a small visit would make such an impact on her. But, I know that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass!
Church was amazing yesterday! It was just what I needed! We had a lesson in Relief Society about Jesus Christ. It never ceases to amaze me just how much the Savior did for us. I have been studying the Atonement in preparation for Easter and it has really changed my life!
We also visited an awesome family in our ward this week and I got to play them a song on my Ukulele. The 10 year old loved it so much that she is begging her mom for lessons! Woops! Hahaha! The Mom (jokingly) asked us on our way out to not have any more lessons that will increase their expenses! Hahaha!
We have done a lot of finding this week, which can be long. But I am learning that it truly is an act of faith to show Heavenly Father that we are willing to work and that we won't to try our best to find people to teach. I know that they will come our way as we keep working hard to talk to everyone we meet.
I know this is short, but I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!! Have a lucky week!
May the Road Rise up to Meet ya. :D

Love,
Sister McGuire


Medford Lakes! A huge vacation spot!

Lunch at the Pop Shop, a new diner on Main Street!

Sister Roesch loves waffles :)


No comments:

Post a Comment