See my brother's mission blog here!

Monday, May 25, 2015

Best Week Ever!!!!!

Dear Family,

This week was the best week EVER!!!!!! No, not every single person in Bayview was baptized this week, but it was pretty great!

It all started first thing Tuesday morning. We went to see a less active woman named Sister Brown. We got to Sister Brown's house and her son answered. He told us that her sister, Sherry, had passed away early that morning. He told us to go see Sister Brown at her Mom's house, just around the corner. So, we went and we knocked on the door. It opened immediately and we were whisked into a room full of people that we had never met before, all except Sister Brown. Everyone in the room was crying and sad, but most of all was Sister Brown's Mother, Ruby. Ruby was simply hysterical with grief. She was falling apart at the seems. Everyone was doing what they could to help, but no one could. Sister Brown told us to go try. We looked at each other and we had no idea what to do. So, we walked up to her. I simply put my hand on her shoulder. Immediately, I felt her relax. She stopped sobbing and she was simply quiet. Sister Maughan started talking about the Plan of Salvation. We talked about Jesus Christ and His Atonement. We told her that families are central to God's plan. We testified that she would see her daughter again. She looked up at me with tear stained eyes and asked, "Will I really?" I testified with all my heart that I knew she would be with her daughter again. She was still sad, but she seemed content. It was amazing!!!! We stayed with them as long as we could that day. We went back to see the family two more times this week, and we also attended the funeral for Sherry on Friday. This amazing family became my family this week! I really felt like I was a part of their family. I felt like I was comforting my own Grandmother. I felt like I was with my cousins and aunts and uncles (except for the obvious Word of Wisdom problem these people all have.) It was a miracle! I have never felt so good as a missionary. We have started teaching Sister Brown's parents, and we hope to be teaching her other family members very soon. It was awesome!

On top of that, SIster Maughan is just the best. We have laughed and luaghed and laughed this week about everything that's going on! I am starting to get a 6-pak from laughing too much! And my cheeks hurt from smiling all the time. It's awesome.

Well, I'm really bad at writing lots of stories, so I may start sending out my companions emails, just so you get more stories! hahaha! JK!

Since today is Memorial Day, we have been encouraged to spend as much time with members as possible. So, we have 2 barbeques to go to tonight! I just hope our stomachs are big enough! Hahaha! I am wearing my stretchy dress tonight! Wish me luck!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Sister McGuire

No comments:

Post a Comment