See my brother's mission blog here!

Monday, June 15, 2015

Transfers, Training, and Miracles!!!!!

Dear Family,

This week has been insane to say the least!!!!! Hahaha! But, I have loved it!
It all started on Monday. The phone rang and it was President
Anderson..... Uh oh. He asks if he can talk to me. Double uh oh.... In
my head I'm thinking through everything I did wrong this week and I'm
waiting to be called to repentance.... To my utter shock, he says in a
super cheery voice, "Sister McGuire the reason I'm calling is because
I need you to train a new missionary." What!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? So yeah,
I'm training!
On Tuesday, Sister Maughan packed up her stuff and said goodbye to Bayview.
On Wednesday we had Transfer Meeting at the mission office and that's
where I met Sister Schettler!!!!!!! She is fresh off the plane from
the MTC! She is from Alpine, Utah. She is amazing!!!!!!!!! She went to
Utah State before coming out and she has so much excitement and zeal
for the work!!!! I love having her here! She is exactly what Bayview
(and I) need!!!!
Thursday we got right to work! We went out street contacting most the
day and found two new investigators!!!! We also helped a non member
family move in next a family in our Ward! They were so appreciative of
the help and we are going back this to help them finish unpacking.
Transfers were also great because Bayview gained another set of
missionaries! So now our Ward has a set of English Elders and a set of
Spanish Elders and a set of Sisters! We have 7 missionaries in our
Ward! Talk about an army! We are so stoked to be able to have so much
support in our Ward!
The rest of the week was awesome too!
Sunday was amazing because we got to church and this girl had just
randomly decided to come check out the church! What!?!?!?!?!? It turns
out that her husband has even read some anti material, but she wanted
to see what it is really like! Oh my goodness!!!!!! What a blessing!
We are going to see her this week as well!
We also had a totally inactive woman show up at church! She is the
Sister of the woman who died a couple weeks ago. She came came to
church and told us that she wanted to quit smoking too. Oh my
goodness!!!!! Miracles everywhere!
So, it has been an awesome week! I love you all! Have a good one!

Love,
Sister McGuire
   

Sister Schettler and I! The new dynamic duo of Bayview!

On Sister Maughan's last night here we got showered on! This is what
we looked like after walking from our car to our apartment! (Only
about 20 feet!)

Sister Schettler's first TastyKake! Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment